Monday, December 10, 2007

Bubble bath anyone?

Today a coworker, who is also a good friend, came in exhausted from staying up with her little girl last night. Late at night (okay it was at 10 pm, but for my friend it felt like 1 am), she came in to her living room and noticed that there was something wrong with the fish tank, according to her she didn't have her glasses on and was looking at a distance at the fish tank. She noticed white stuff, coming out of the fish tank and as she got closer she passed her daughter's room and noticed that her daughter's bottle of body wash was on the bed empty (new bottle!!). But she kept going and got closer to the fish tank to realize that "hmmmm, this tank smells good". Sure enough her daughter was trying to clean the fish and the tank with her body wash...fish were trying to survive at the bottom of the tank and some had already died and were on top of bubbles, on the top of the fish tank.
As my friend told me this story, as a counselor I had my understanding comments of how frustrating that was for her...then I couldn't help but laugh and she joined right in and stated, "last night it wasn't funny but today I see the humor".........

I can't wait to be a mommy!!!

2 comments:

the splendid life of us... said...

My grandmother once said after she was telling us a childhood story, "It's alot funnier now then it was back then!" I have found that this statement applies to life to so well and our family quotes this statement alot when we are together!

What a cute story!

the splendid life of us... said...

Is your little guy here???